Let us assist you with prioritizing what needs to be completed with respect to getting your home ready for sale. Here are some basic steps for you to get familiar with.
Initial Phase – Preparation
- Prepare your home with staging: Staging of furniture can really help present your home so that every buyer sees its utmost in potential. This is not always the way you live in it day-to-day, but it can be very helpful for buyers. Also, be sure to remedy any deferred maintenance items that need attention. Freshening up paint, cleaning carpets or any other of the like will also give the impression you want to all prospective buyers.
- Curb Appeal: Curb appeal is the first thing and the last thing all who visit your home will see. Nice front doors that are freshly painted, clean entryways and well-landscaped yards are the kinds of things that everyone will be seeing. A good first impression goes a long way as well as the image they will take with them when they leave.
- Pricing it Right: Determining a price for a home is not always easy. We will help you with providing data on homes on the market as well as our professional opinion on your particular home’s desirable attributes so that you can arrive at the most appropriate price to go to the market with. The right price is important as most of the buyer traffic seen on a listing is within the first few weeks.
Second Phase – On the Market
- Keep it Clean: Having your home in perfect condition is not just for the photos that we will take before we list the home on the market. We usually plan on having broker and public open houses as well as showings throughout the time it is on the market. Keeping it in pristine condition will again help showcase it in its best light.
Final Phase – Prepare to Move
- Accepting an offer and closing: Once you have accepted an offer and your buyer has completed an inspection then you officially enter contract. This milestone is when a deal gets solidified enough where you can then begin your packing for your own move. It is important that you leave the home that it is completely free of belongings and in clean condition for when the buyer conducts their walk-through just before the closing.
Let our expertise and resources be of assistance to you should you have additional questions. From plumbers to painters we can connect you with other professionals that you may need to help you get best prepared for a smooth and successful home sale.